Tuesday, July 29, 2008

the darkest night before morning

i breath in the chill..
my heart faintly beats.

it is cold and
it is still.
I hear no life,
I feel no warmth.

The only pulse is slow
and without rhythm.

The wind blows past,
as I walk in the night.
The ground is still,
I am all that I hear.

Shades of black
make the squares that I see,
tall and empty houses
on this street.
Dark windows,
no lights to be seen.
No life in my dream,
just the chill...
just me.

I walk, my footsteps repeat.
I walk, I look down at my feet,
I slowly point my eyes towards the sky
and before me, where is He?

I guess I wasn't expecting anybody...
if any presence is with me I know it's not Him.

The water beside me is black,
it barely moves,
it is still.

Am I going somewhere?
I think that I've walked this way before
and it has brought me back again.
It has brought me nowhere.

Maybe this time someOne will come,
maybe He'll change the path for me.

Under the bridge, might be something...
I think I'll go under...
what could he do to me
that He couldn't save me from?
I'll be okay, I'll walk in and
go under that way.

Nothing. I hear nothing and see nothing,
I feel nothing but still,
I think there is something...
God be with me. There is power in Your name.

No comments: