Friday, April 24, 2009

Coffee, or tea?

I wanna live somewhere cold
somewhere chilly where the air touches my coat
Somewhere the sun shines and makes a surprise
Where a warm day is a special treat, not a dead heat

I wanna live somewhere where the clouds always make shapes
I see ice cream cones and puppy dogs and dragons and umbrellas!
I wanna live somewhere with green grass everywhere
and spring is the only season
some days I make coffee some days I make iced tea
Some days we go outside and fly kites
then some days we stay inside and curl up with a book
Reading to the surround sound of rain drops clicking their heels on my windows

I wanna live somewhere... somewhere with You
Somewhere where the clouds don't harm and dollar signs mean nothing
Where music is almost always playing
and painters only paint beautiful things
where iced cream isn't bad for you and the word 'self-defense' doesn't exist
Because the only thing in this place to defend would be my love for You
and Your love for me, which I would have no trouble knowing in this place

This place would have no doubts, no second thoughts 
or lack of trust, no stubborn pride or dangerous lies
No bribes or sneaks or dietribes
This place would hold the weight of joy in it's sky
and no one would ever question 'why?'

Now I realize this seems suspicious
and I wouldn't want a Stepford Life
someday this time will come when Your time is right 
I'll live among the angels and always sing Your praise
For now I will appreciate the freedom I have to choose You every morning
and know You every night
Help me love without fear, walk without falling and trust without doubting
But when I fear and doubt and fall, these things I know I'll do
bless me with Your mercy and meet me with Your grace
And I will accept this gift, and regive it to the world

No comments: