Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"...not my will, but Yours be done."

My life has changed
more than I thought it could
My life has changed
would I have left if I knew?
If I watched a TV screen
of what it is
would I have known my name?
Would I recognize the pain?
Would I identify the silent rooms
and empty words
and anger beaten, hungry souls?
I would've cried for us
and wished my heart to die for us
I would have reached
my hand up to my mouth
in disbelief that
the love had ceased
I'd try to understand the words
and want to reach my hand
into their world
and fix the broken pieces
lift up the hollow eyes
and hug the empty creases.

"My God, my God
why hast thou forsaken me?"
I cry in the moment of my
all too often weakness.
But in the same breath
of my distress
I know You haven't left.
I know You never leave
Your place, Your home
inside my heart.
I know that You belong inside
and You often clean in me
whats locked up, concealed.
My doubt, my pride
my envy and my tongue.
In my moment of forgotten truth
You come and send a whisper
of Your gift of grace and peace
that I can rest in
and hold with me.
You send a whisper of the faith
that You so freely give to me.
"Ask for wisdom
and you will receive,
just ask without doubting
and in faith you shall see."
So I ask You, Father
who will never leave
or turn a blind eye
to an aching cheek
to give me wisdom
where i am weak
to give me patience
where control I seek.
Lord, give me breath
when my lungs are choked
and give me hope
in the stars You throw.
Please give me strength
for my broken bones
and give me love
like the love You hold.

"...not my will, but Yours be done."

No comments: