Wednesday, June 18, 2008

frosting for your face


I trip
I fall
on everything i hate

I allow me to be led
into a lie
to make my bed
in sheets of black

rest my head
on a pillow
of glass
but covered with sheets
of frosting for your face

it covers up the lies
makes them look nice
makes you look pretty
and blinds your eyes

why do we lead
and why are we led
into places of darkness
that we know are not true?

we know we'll be swallowed
digested and forgotten
falling ragged and worn
out of the lions mouth

but the frosting looks good
we muffle the cries
of truth inside

redeem this life
fill it once again
please wash me clean
forgive my hate

pull out the root
prune me and
replant a seed of beauty
having nothing to do
with petals and leaves

replant a seed
that is whole inside
and clean
not me.

No comments: